It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space Storage as one of the top 100 places to work in 2018!
We're currently hiring for a Tax Manager for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will supervise and manage all Federal and State income tax reporting. This is a managerial position within the Tax Department and consults on financial accounting matters relating to taxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises Company tax compliance and financial reporting for income taxes
- Establishes work plans and processes relating to tax issues ensuring deadlines and necessary filings are met
- Manages the preparation/review of the ASC 740 Financial Reporting for Income Taxes (Provision) on a quarterly and annual basis, including: calculating the effective tax rate, calculating the tax provision and DTAs/DTLs, evaluating the appropriateness of valuation allowances, and creating the provision journal entries
- Conducts research and planning according to current tax laws, and works with the Tax Director on advising senior management and other Company personnel on the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions
- Consults with other financial and accounting team members to identify and solve developing corporate and partnership tax issues
- Stays abreast of US Internal Revenue Code and State Tax Regulation changes and procedures
- Hires, trains, supervises and retains competent tax staff
- Coordinates tax compliance projects with outside tax preparers, advisors, and reviewers to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of tax compliance obligations
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in accounting or related field
- CPA License preferred
- 4-6 years public accounting or corporate tax experience
- Possesses proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work across company departments
- Possesses analytical, project management, and prioritization skills
- Familiar with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically those relating to tax reporting
- Supervises three team members and a seasonal intern
- Experience in preparation of Forms 1120 and 1065 with corresponding multistate filings
- Experience with ASC 740 Provision for Income Taxes
- Basic understanding of sales and use tax issues
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.