Technical Training Analyst
The Technical Training Analyst is a key member of the Extra Space Storage Learning and Development Team. This position owns the design and development of product-related instruction and training materials and programs.
- Responsible for specialized tasks in technical training and instructional design/development. These tasks may include:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining technical training assets and/or immersive technology learning experiences for internal and external customer training.
- Working with subject matter experts across departments to gather and incorporate instructional content into deliverable formats.
- Exploring and recommending tools and technologies responsive to technical training solutions.
- Creating interactive quizzes and tests to build and validate understanding of material covered.
- Ensuring instructional items are visually appealing, professional, free from errors, within strategic design, and delivered on time.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-3 years technical background:
- Basic to moderate web design and coding skills (jQuery, HTML, CSS, Java Script)
- Experience communicating project designs, storyboarding, and prototyping
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines
- Strong attention to detail, ability to organize/prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate curiosity and willingness of working with new technologies and emerging media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for training and teaching new products, policies, or procedures
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentality and positive attitude
- Experience in technical training, instructional design, or learning and development
- Technical writing and documentation
- Basic understanding of mobile app development for Android and iOS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (2-3 years)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in professional practice
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.