Training and Content Specialist
The NSC Training and Content Specialist is a critical part of the training function at our National Sales Center (NSC). This team member helps enable employees at Extra Space Storage’s call center to support our self-storage business. This onsite role is based at our call center and reports to the NSC Learning Manager.
- Designs and delivers training on company products, business practices, and other topics as directed
- Designs content to support a blended training approach: eLearning, video, PowerPoint, and ILT/VILT
- Collaborates with the Instructional Design team and the NSC Training Manager on more complex content projects
- Monitors the effectiveness of training on employees using individual or group performance results
- Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation
- Works within the Learning Management System to organize and track content and manage user engagement
- Facilitates training and coaching sessions in both 1-on-1 and group setting
- Handles moderately complex training issues and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Job Specifications and Skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate training and coaching in a group or 1-on-1 setting, virtually or onsite
- Requires experience using PowerPoint and recording audio and video for training purposes
- Familiar with basic eLearning authoring techniques
- Experience with Lessonly a plus.
- Experience in a call center environment strongly preferred.
Education and Experience
- High School graduate. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ related experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.