- Analyze customer responses, website, and digital product data to examine high traffic web and product pages and determine why certain pages perform better
- Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for native Android/iOS app and mobile platforms
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Create surveys for research to gather feedback on user's ease of use and satisfaction interfacing on company websites and products
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Create personas through user research and data
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Understand and create compatible UI designs with UX wireframes in accordance with brand guidelines
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to clients and senior management
- 2-3 years of professional experience in creating and implementing UX/UI design for web and mobile/app design (native Android/iOS app)
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq, InVision, Zeplin)
- BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and others
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces for clients
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS, Java Script and comparable languages is a plus
- Continued education and research into UX/UI trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Account for challenges using problem-solving skills and seek to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping
- Understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.