Vice President, Facility Services
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience leading Facility and Construction in a multi-location business
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead and manage change. 5+ years in a leadership experience at the senior management level
- Strategic thinker, highly organized, analytical with problem solving skills and capable of managing multiple assignments
- Experience in Construction Management is a plus
- Develop and implement capital management strategies, standards, processes and procedures
- Provide guidance and thought leadership to facilities function. Bring innovation and technology to meet the continued and rapidly evolving facilities needs of the organization
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to facilitate the accomplishment of enterprise levels goals
- Develop, maintain and enhance processes and systems to support capital management
- Champion Extra Space Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, Innovation and Excellence
- Hire, develop and grow talent. Manage, support and coach direct reports in their work and provide strategic vision
- Plan and execute on annual capital expenditure projects. Day-to-day management of projects and related budgets.
- Measure and regularly communicate the operational performance (cost, quality, time, customer issues) of the Facilities department through the organization and maintenance of effective metrics and related capabilities (i.e., processes, systems, data)
- Lead efficiency driving initiatives across the portfolio. Plan and execute ongoing productivity improvement strategy, leveraging internal and external best practices to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Manage and coordinate due diligence process for new and acquisition properties including planning and execution of capital expenditure
- Set, roll-out and maintain brand standards across the portfolio. Responsible for remodeling stores.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.